APIv2, Blacklist, Bulk Reporter, and Paid Plans for Enterprise!
Hello AbuseIPDB community!
We are excited to announce that we have launched three major new features - the AbuseIPDB Blacklist, bulk reporter, and upgraded API plans for sysadmins, webmasters and power users who are looking for higher limits and more features than are currently available through the standard AbuseIPDB API.
Upgraded AbuseIPDB Accounts
For the longest time we've been a public service surviving on donations and ad revenue, but over the years we've been overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response from the community. In order to meet demand and provide better service and tooling, we're offering premium plans for those that need greater resource allocation and features. You can upgrade an AbuseIPDB account with a monthly subscription, for which our pricing can be found here: https://www.abuseipdb.com/pricing.
All plans have a 30-day free trial so you can experiment with the new features and limits available to upgraded accounts:
- Get as many IP lookups as you need: Upgraded plans now offer up to 50,000 IP address lookups per day. You can now use the AbuseIPDB API for more robust IP checking in a variety of situations.
- Higher Report Limits: High-volume users also have increased reporting caps, so you can contribute more abusive IP reports to help improve your (and the community's) distributed abuse detection
- Access To Custom AbuseIPDB Blacklist: - Build custom blacklists to proactively defend your infrastructure. See below for more details!
- New Features On The Way: We will continue to develop new advanced API features, and upgraded users will be the first to gain access to these new features as we release them.
We hope that our upgraded accounts will enable our higher-volume users to expand their usage, while ensuring that AbuseIPDB remains viable as our database (and server costs) expands.
Our free accounts will always remain available, as will increased limits for webmasters and supporters!
You can learn more or upgrade your account here: https://www.abuseipdb.com/pricing
The AbuseIPDB Blacklist
The single most-requested feature from our users, we are excited to be launching the AbuseIPDB Distributed Blacklist!
Based on hundreds of thousands of reports from AbuseIPDB users, this blacklist can be used in conjunction with a firewall or custom software integration to proactively ban or challenge IPs that have been repeatedly reported for abusive behavior. Inclusion in the blacklist is based on a number of factors including Abuse Confidence Score, recency of reports, number of unique reports, and whitelist status.
There are two versions of the blacklist - a free blacklist available to anyone, and a customizable blacklist, which is available for upgraded users:
- AbuseIPDB Free Blacklist - This blacklist, updated every 24 hours, lists the 10,000 highest-risk IPs currently being reported to AbuseIPDB. Available as a JSON API or a plain text dump compatible with most firewall software.
- AbuseIPDB Custom Blacklist - Upgraded users have access to a customizable blacklist generator, which can use to customize a blacklist carved from our entire database based on your preferences for abuse confidence score, recency, and other metric thresholds. This blacklist updates hourly, rather than daily.
The new blacklist feature is a powerful new tool that will enable you to proactively defend your infrastructure from attacks, utilizing the distributed abuse reporting of the entire AbuseIPDB network to block emerging threats before they attack you! To learn more, read the blacklist documentation here: https://docs.abuseipdb.com/#blacklist-endpoint
Another concern for many users was network overhead. Bandwidth is a finite resource, so instead of reporting attacks as they occur, why not aggregate the logs, and then send us a final report once or twice a day? Check out the bulk reporter, also available as an endpoint in APIv2.
Made Possible by You
We are very excited to launch these new features, and we value the community's feedback about both these features and our upgraded API plans. Please reach out to us via the contact form or ticket system if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions.
Thank you for continuing to support AbuseIPDB!