This Agreement and the terms contained within are subject to change by AbuseIPDB at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice, but any change to these terms will not apply retroactively. You are under a duty to review the terms of this Agreement prior to using the Website. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions contained within this Agreement, you must discontinue your use of the Website immediately. Your continued use of the Website after a replacement, modification, or amendment of the terms of this Agreement will constitute your manifestation of assent to, and agreement with, any replacement, modification, or amendment herein.
- User Eligibility. The Website is open to use to those who are age eighteen (18) or above. By using the Website, you warrant that you are age eighteen (18) or above, are of sound mind, and have the capacity to agree to and uphold the terms and conditions contained within this Agreement. If you use the Website on behalf of a business entity or other third party, you warrant that you express actual authority to act as an agent of that business entity and third party and, as a component of that agency, have the right and ability to agree to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of that third party or business entity. You further warrant that you are not prohibited from entering into this Agreement by the terms of any preexisting agreement.
Intellectual Property Rights. The Website and its associated trademarks and content are owned and used by AbuseIPDB, including, but not limited to, the ABUSEIPDB character trademark and word + design trademark:
Any use of the Website, its associated trademarks, or its content without the prior written approval of AbuseIPDB is prohibited. The selection, arrangement, and layout of the Website is the sole and exclusive property of AbuseIPDB, and any unauthorized copying, public display, public performance, distribution, or derivation, whether in whole or in part, is expressly prohibited.
Acceptable Use Policy. When you use the Website, you agree to use it only for its customary and intended purposes and as permitted by the terms of this Agreement and any applicable law, regulation, statute, or ordinance. Additionally, you agree that you are responsible for any breach of your obligations under the terms of this Agreement and for any losses suffered by AbuseIPDB for such a breach, including, but not limited to, monetary damages, costs, and attorneys’ fees. You are expressly prohibited from using the Website to violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or treaty, whether local, state, provincial, national or international, or to violate the rights of a third party, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights. Additionally, you are expressly prohibited from:
- Attempting to access the Website other than through a standard web browser unless you have been permitted to do so by AbuseIPDB through a separate, written agreement (this restriction does not apply to search engines that comply with AbuseIPDB’s robots.txt file, or to authorized use of the AbuseIPDB API);
- Accessing or attempting to access the Website through automated means (this restriction does not apply to search engines that comply with AbuseIPDB’s robots.txt file, or to authorized use of the AbuseIPDB API);
- Circumventing the technological protection measures of the Website;
- Posting or transmitting content intended to collect personal or personally identifiable information from users of the Website or third parties;
- Disrupting or otherwise interfering with the Website or its associated servers or networks;
- Scraping, reproducing, republishing, selling, reselling, duplicating, or trading the Website or its content;
- Diverting or attempting to divert users of the Website to another website or service;
- Sending unsolicited or unauthorized communications to users of the Website or third parties;
- Transmitting content to the Website that is false, inaccurate, misleading, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, translating, or disassembling the Website or its content; and
- Encouraging or assisting any other party to do anything in violation of the terms of this Agreement.
AbuseIPDB reserves the right to modify, amend, or terminate the Website or its associated content at any time and without prior notice. AbuseIPDB also reserves the right to refuse service or access to the Website to any person or business entity at any time and without notice.
User Provided Content. When using the Website, you grant AbuseIPDB an irrevocable, perpetual, sublicensable, transferable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free worldwide right and license to use, copy, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, perform, create derivative works from, and display publicly throughout the world and in any medium or form now existing or later created any content that you submit to the Website, including but not limited to IP abuse reports. You expressly agree that AbuseIPDB may use this content for any purpose and that the use or republication of this content will be at AbuseIPDB’s discretion and without compensation or attribution of any kind.
Further, AbuseIPDB has the right, but not the obligation, to edit, monitor, analyze, append, remove, or refuse any content submitted by you to the Website. AbuseIPDB takes no responsibility for and assumes no liability for any content that you submit to the Website, and you are solely responsible for any content that you submit to the Website.
You will not: upload, post, email, store, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- may not be made available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- consists of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, commercial electronic messages, or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or hardware;
- consists of information that you know or have reason to know is false or inaccurate.
Reporting of Malicious IP Addresses. AbuseIPDB exists to maintain a database of IP addresses that have been associated with malicious activity. You agree that any and all IP addresses you report to AbuseIPDB as malicious have, in fact, been associated with malicious activity. You agree not to report IP addresses as malicious that you know, have reason to know, suspect, have reason to suspect, or should have known or suspected are not and have not been associated with malicious activity. By reporting malicious IP addresses, you take sole responsibility for the accuracy of your claims. AbuseIPDB will not be held liable for any false reports of malicious IP addresses as detailed in other sections of this Agreement.
Reporting Privileges: AbuseIPDB grants IP reporting privileges and reporting influence on an account-by-account basis. AbuseIPDB reserves the right to deny or suspend reporting privileges, adjust reporting influence, or delete IP reports, at any time, for any reason.
Abuse Reporting Policy: All abuse reports must abide by the AbuseIPDB Abuse Reporting Policy, which establishes the technical requirements applicable to all user-submitted reports of malicious IP addresses. Submitting reports that violate AbuseIPDB's Reporting Policy or otherwise violate this Agreement may result in the reduction of reporting influence, loss of reporting privileges or suspension/termination of your account.
Incorrect IP Abuse Reports: If you believe that an IP address reported to AbuseIPDB has been reported in error or is no longer engaged in abusive activity, you may submit a "Takedown Request" with supporting evidence. Takedown requests may be submitted to AbuseIPDB through the relevant IP address's Reports webpage. While AbuseIPDB attempts to review and address all correctly submitted Takedown Requests, action on such requests is at our sole discretion. AbuseIPDB expressly disclaims any and all liability regarding erroneous or malicious IP abuse reports or our action/inaction in moderating or removing such reports.
User Accounts. When using the Website, AbuseIPDB may provide you with the ability to subscribe to a user account, which will allow you to obtain additional access to the Website including, but not limited to, the AbuseIPDB API and IP abuse reporting privileges ("User Account"). To register for a User Account, you must provide AbuseIPDB with certain personal information, including your name, email address, and password. You warrant and agree that any information that you provide in association with your registration or use of a User Account will be accurate, current, and complete.
You acknowledge and agree that you control access to your User Account. Your User Account may only be used by you, your authorized agents, or colleagues within a single company/organization. AbuseIPDB will not be held responsible or liable for any unauthorized access to your User Account, and you are under a continuing duty to promptly provide AbuseIPDB with notice of any unauthorized or unusual access to your User Account. You are advised to keep the username and password associated with your User Account secure and secret. By creating a User Account and providing your personal information to AbuseIPDB, you acknowledge and agree that AbuseIPDB may use your personal information to contact you.
THE USE OF MULTIPLE USER ACCOUNTS TO INCREASE THE TOTAL API QUOTA OR INCREASE REPORTING INFLUENCE, AMONG OTHER THINGS, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ONLY ONE USER ACCOUNT MAY BE USED PER PERSON.
AbuseIPDB reserves the right to suspend or terminate your User Account at any time and in its sole and absolute discretion, including, but not limited to, for violating any term or condition of this Agreement.
Free/Individual Plans. AbuseIPDB provides Free / Individual pricing plans for users who want to evaluate AbuseIPDB, contribute IP abuse reports, or use the platform for non-commercial personal projects. You may not use Free plans for commercial purposes, and a single user or organization may not register multiple Free user accounts. For commercial use or use by multiple user accounts related to a single user or organization, you must subscribe to a Basic or higher Paid Plan.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all obligations or liabilities with respect to Free and Individual plans, including any Support, warranty, SLA and indemnity obligations. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THESE TERMS, OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF FREE / INDIVIDUAL PLANS WILL BE US$100.
Paid Plans, Billing/Payment Terms. Additional features and expanded access to the AbuseIPDB API may be made available as a paid upgrade to your User Account ("Paid Plan"). If you choose to subscribe to a Paid Plan, you will pay fees (described below) to AbuseIPDB and provide AbuseIPDB with the necessary billing information to collect these fees ("Payment Method").
Payment Methods: Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, AbuseIPDB only accepts payments for Paid Plans via credit card or PayPal. All Paid Plans must be paid in U.S. Dollars.
Free Trials: All Paid Plans include a 30-day Free Trial Period. After registration for a Paid Plan, your Free Trial Period will begin immediately and expire thirty (30) days later. Your Payment Method will be charged the relevant Subscription Fee immediately upon the expiration of your Free Trial Period. If you do not wish to be charged, you may cancel the plan in your Account Dashboard at any time during the Free Trial Period. Canceling the plan during the Free Trial Period will immediately suspend access to the Paid Plan.
Abuse of Free Trials: You are only allowed to sign up for a single Free Trial Period. You are prohibited from engaging in repeated abuse of free trial periods, including creation of multiple accounts to bypass limits. Any attempt to repeatedly abuse free trial periods may result in the termination oyour account without notice. We reserve the right to take legal action against users who engage in fraudulent behavior violating this provision.
Subscription Fees: On selecting a Paid Plan, you may choose Monthly or Annual billing periods. Billing will start immediately upon the expiration of your Free Trial Period. If you choose Monthly billing, your Payment Method will be charged the monthly Subscription Fee for your selected Paid Plan each month on or around the anniversary of your first billing date. If you choose Annual billing, your Payment Method will be charged for 12 months of the discounted-rate Annual Monthly Subscription Fee up-front.
Recurring Charges: Your subscription will be auto-renewed and charged to your Payment Method at the end of each Billing Period as long as your account remains active and in good standing. You will be charged the Subscription Fee each Billing Period, even if you never use the Paid Plan. However, you may cancel your Paid Plan to disable auto-renewal anytime.
Auto-Renewal: You may turn off auto-renewal in your Account Dashboard at any time. After turning off auto-renewal or canceling an active Paid Plan, you will continue to have access to your Paid Plan until the end of your current Billing Period. Upon the expiration of the Billing Period, your payment method will not be re-charged, your access to the Paid Plan will expire, and your AbuseIPDB account will be downgraded to a Free/Individual Plan.
Taxes Excluded: Subscription Fees are exclusive of any applicable taxes, levies, duties, or other similar exactions imposed by a legal, governmental, or regulatory authority in any applicable jurisdiction, including, without limitation, sales, use, value-added, consumption, communications, or withholding taxes (collectively, "Taxes"). You will pay all taxes associated with this Agreement, excluding any taxes based on AbuseIPDB's net income.
Please see our published Service Level Agreement for more details on service levels for AbuseIPDB Paid Plans.
- No Resale of The Website or Data. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Website (including the API and associated data), use of the Website, or access to the Website without express permission by AbuseIPDB.
- Third-Party Websites. You acknowledge and agree that the Website may contain links to third-party websites or content, such as advertisements, that AbuseIPDB does not own or control. You are advised to review the terms and conditions of any third-party websites or content linked to through the Website, and you agree that AbuseIPDB will not be responsible for websites not under the ownership or control of AbuseIPDB.
- Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement will begin upon your first accessing of the Website and will continue until the earlier of the following: (i) AbuseIPDB terminates your access to the Website; or (ii) you cease using the Website and terminate your User Account. AbuseIPDB reserves the right to terminate the Website or your access to the Website in its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SECURITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WHEREVER PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ABUSEIPDB WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, CHARGES, OR FEES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATORY DAMAGES, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES, DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNTIME. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT ABUSEIPDB’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID TO USE THE WEBSITE.
- ABUSEIPDB EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, HARM, COST, EXPENSE, OR LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE. ABUSEIPDB IS NOT LIABLE TO ANY THIRD PARTY BASED ON YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FALSELY OR INCORRECTLY REPORTING MALICIOUS IP ADDRESSES, OR TAKING ANY ACTION BASED ON AN IP ADDRESS'S DATA OR REPORTS ON ABUSEIPDB.
- ABUSEIPDB WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, INJURIES, JUDGMENTS, COSTS, OR LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INCOME, SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PUNATIVE DAMAGES, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AbuseIPDB, its officers, shareholders, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and representatives from any and all losses, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to (i) your use of the Website, (ii) your reporting of IP addresses as malicious to the Website; (iii) your use of any IP address reports or data sourced from the Website; (iv) your violation of any term or condition of this Agreement; (v) your violation of the rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights or other personal or proprietary rights; and (vi) your violation of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or treaty, whether local, state, provincial, national, or international. Your obligation to defend AbuseIPDB will not provide you with the ability to control AbuseIPDB’s defense, and AbuseIPDB reserves the right to control its defense, including its choice of counsel and whether to litigate or settle a claim subject to indemnification.
Choice of Law and Stipulation to Jurisdiction.
- You and AbuseIPDB agree that any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your use of the Website, will be governed by the laws of Pennsylvania , without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Except for claims that may be brought in small claims court, claims of intellectual property infringement, or claims for injunctive relief by either party, you and AbuseIPDB agree that any dispute or controversy arising out of, in relation to, or in connection with this Agreement, your use of any products purchased through the Website, or your use of the Website including, without limitation, any and all disputes, claims (whether in tort, contract, statutory, or otherwise), or disagreements concerning the existence, breach, interpretation, application, or termination of this Agreement, will be resolved by final and binding arbitration pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act in Philadelphia , PA or, at the option of the party seeking relief, by telephone, online, or via written submissions alone, and be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under the then in force Commercial Arbitration Rules by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with such rules. Such arbitration will be independent and impartial. If the parties fail to agree on the arbitrator within twenty (20) calendar days after the initiation of the arbitration hereunder, AAA will appoint the arbitrator.
- This arbitration will be conducted in the English language. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties and judgment on any award(s) rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Nothing in this section will prevent either party from seeking immediate injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with the agreement to arbitrate or a waiver of the right to arbitrate. The parties undertake to keep confidential all awards in their arbitration, together with all confidential information, all materials in the proceedings created for the purpose of the arbitration and all other documents produced by the other party in the proceedings and not otherwise in the public domain, save and to the extent that disclosure may be required of a party by legal duty, to protect or pursue a legal right or to enforce or challenge an award in legal proceedings before a court or other judicial authority. The arbitrator shall award all fees and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, to the prevailing party. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND YOU AND ABUSEIPDB EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT CLASS ACTION AND REPRESENTATIVE ACTION PROCEDURES SHALL NOT BE ASSERTED IN NOR APPLY TO ANY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS.
- Any claims must be brought within one year of viability or will otherwise be barred.
- Force Majeure. AbuseIPDB will not be responsible for any delay or failure in performance of the Website or its associated services arising out of any cause beyond AbuseIPDB’s control, such as acts of God, war, riots, fire, terrorist attacks, pandemics, power outages, severe weather, or other accidents.
- Survivability. The representations, warranties, duties, and covenants made by you under this Agreement will survive the termination of this Agreement, the Website, or your User Account including, but not limited to, your duty to indemnify and defend AbuseIPDB.
- Interpretation. This Agreement will be deemed to have been drafted by both parties, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement will not be interpreted against its drafter.
- Assignment. You are expressly prohibited from assigning your rights and duties under this Agreement. AbuseIPDB reserves the right to assign its rights and duties under this Agreement, including in a sale of AbuseIPDB or its Website.
- Waiver and Integration. No term or condition of this Agreement or breach of this Agreement will be deemed to have been waived or consented to unless said waiver is writing and signed by the party to be charged. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements or representations between the parties.
AbuseIPDB Service Level Agreement
This AbuseIPDB Service Level Agreement ("SLA") governs the use of the AbuseIPDB API pursuant to the terms of the Agreement between AbuseIPDB and the User. To the extent you have more than one AbuseIPDB account, this SLA applies to each AbuseIPDB account individually. Except as otherwise set forth in this SLA, this SLA is subject to the terms of the Agreement and capitalized terms will have the meaning specified in the Agreement. AbuseIPDB reserves the right to change the terms of this SLA in accordance with the Agreement.
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" means the difference between 100% and the percentage of Unavailable Time for the applicable month.
- "Cash Refund" means a dollar value refund, equal to 100% of your usage fees in the month in which the Unavailable Time (as defined below) occurred, prorated to the length of the Unavailable Time.
- "Unavailable Time" means the AbuseIPDB API is not available for use, as measured in continuous 5-minute increments. Unavailable Time does not include any unavailability resulting from any Exclusion (as defined below).
2. Service Commitment
AbuseIPDB will make the AbuseIPDB API available 99% of the time each month. If AbuseIPDB’s Monthly Uptime Percentage is below 99% in a given calendar month, then you will be eligible to receive a Cash Refund as described in Section 3 below.
3. Refund Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Cash Refund, you must submit a request to AbuseIPDB as described in this Section 3. You must make the submission to AbuseIPDB Customer Support within thirty (30) days from the time you become eligible to receive the applicable Cash Refund. Such submission must include: (a) "SLA Claim" as the subject of the ticket; (b) the dates and times of Unavailable Time for which a credit is being claimed; (c) any documentation of the applicable outage. Each Cash Refund will be applied to future amounts payable by you in connection with the applicable AbuseIPDB product.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, no Unavailable Time shall be deemed to have occurred with respect to any unavailability of the AbuseIPDB API or any other AbuseIPDB API performance issues, that (a) are caused by factors outside of AbuseIPDB’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, any force majeure event, telecommunications provider-related problems or issues, or Internet access or related problems occurring beyond the point in the network where AbuseIPDB maintains access and control over the AbuseIPDB Services; (b) result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party (other than AbuseIPDB’s agents and subcontractors); (c) result from software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (except for equipment within AbuseIPDB’s direct control); or (d) occurs during AbuseIPDB’s scheduled maintenance for which AbuseIPDB will provide at least twenty-four (24) hours prior notice; or (e) problems or issues related to alpha, beta or not otherwise generally available AbuseIPDB features or products (collectively, the "Exclusions").
5. Entire SLA Liability
This SLA states AbuseIPDB’s sole and entire liability to you and your sole remedy with respect AbuseIPDB’s failure to meet the Monthly Uptime Percentage.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us!